"The mission of Chula Vista Presbyterian Church is to spread the Word and share the love of God in Jesus Christ."
If you are new to the area or are searching for a church home, we invite you to visit. In our worship together and in our everyday lives, we seek to glorify God, to proclaim salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, and to enjoy fellowship in the power of the Holy Spirit.
Worship services each Sunday are:
- Daybreak (8:30 a.m. in the Family Life Center) is an “acoustic contemporary” service;
- Traditional (10:00 a.m. in the Sanctuary) is a more liturgical service with full chancel choir and organ music;
- Adoración (5:00 p.m. in the Sanctuary) is a Spanish-language service.
There is an abundance of opportunities for worship, fellowship and service. In music, study, mission outreach, prayer, support, and social events, you will find the people of Chula Vista Presbyterian Church active and involved in the life of the church, community, and with each other. Children of all ages -- from 3 to 103 -- are growing in their walk of discipleship. (Childcare is available for those under 3, too)
Proposed Bylaws, June 1, 2013
Link to Bylaws
Events this Week
June 4, 2013
Good Morning Church Friends and Family,
If you haven’t met our newest little brother in Christ. I would like to introduce Robert “Bobby” Marcus Tubbs; Mommy, Daddy, and brother William, were blessed with Bobby on May 12th. Proud parents are Alisa and Bob Tubbs, grandparents are Dan and Carolyn Herrscher. Please keep Bobby and William in your prayers.
We are working very hard to get everything in order for our “Camp Big Heart.” Please see below for additional items needed.
Your sister in Christ,
June 9, 2013 Judgment and Holiness Matthew 7:15–29
June 16, 2013 Lord, If You Chose Matthew 8:1–22
June 23, 2013 What Sort of Man Is This? Matthew 8:23–9:1
June 30, 2013 Which Is Easier Matthew 9:2–8
June 6th Presbyterian Women’s Gathering
Everyone is invited to our special June 6th Presbyterian Women's Gathering. You don't want to miss The Chula Vista Presbyterian Preschool kids performing their favorite songs for us. Singing starts at 10 :00 AM sharp. After the singing we will have a short business meeting, and in addition we are pleased to be installing our officers for the 2013/2014 year. Then we will enjoy a yummy POTLUCK luncheon and time of fellowship, hosted by the PW Co-Team. Please bring a dish to share.
We are having a fair this Sunday, the 9th, following the 10:00 service in the Family Life Center. Care House will be our guest — Leah Blankenship and two or three of the Care House Kids will be there. They are always a delight to have with us. Light refreshments will be served.
Kids Camp — June 10, 2013 through 14, 2013
We have been so very blessed with all the donations that have come in so far, thank you so much for giving from the heart. We have almost reached our items on our wish list. The following items are still needed. We appreciate any and all items you wish to contribute, we also accept cash donations.
- Camp supplies — Healthy snacks for 5 days for 50 kids (i.e. apples, cheese sticks, granola bars, etc.)
- Sock lunch for Mission — 66 pairs of men’s tube socks, 155 snack bars, 200 vienna sausages, 112 juice boxes, 155 cheese sticks. These items will be put into the socks which are tied together and can be worn around the neck of the person receiving them. When the food has been consumed they can be worn by the person.
- Toiletry brown bag Mission — The children will decorate and pack brown bags to be given to those in need.
- Deodorant 100
- combs 100
- Small toothpaste 100
- toothbrushes 100
- Disposable razor 100
- individual shampoos and conditioners 90
- Brown lunch bags — 200
Father’s Day Gift — five rolls of pennies
Acoustic Contemporary - 8:30 a.m.
Traditional - 10:00 a.m.
Adoración - 5:00 p.m.
There is an abundance of opportunities for worship, fellowship and service.